Applicants do not require previous acting experience to audition. Auditions for the school are held on a monthly basis and are in the style of a group workshop.
Our audition workshops are designed to be enjoyable and un-pressurised to ensure that the panel can see the best side of the applicant's performance skills.
Auditionees are led through a group-based workshop, combining improvisation and text-based exercises. Please note that applicants are not required to prepare any audition material in advance. The workshop begins at 1pm and finishes around 5pm.
Audition location: Bow School, Twelvetrees Crescent, Bow, London, E3 3QW
Audition fees: £20 (please note that spaces are strictly limited)
BOOK AN AUDITION
To book an audition, click one of the dates below and you will be taken to an online booking form. Once the booking has been placed, an email and text message will be sent as confirmation of the audition. A further email and text message reminder will be sent two days before the audition.
AT THE AUDITION
AUDITION DRESS CODE
- Loose comfortable clothing which enables free movement
- Applicants should avoid wearing skirts
- Applicants should avoid low cut tops
- All jewellery and accessories must be removed before the audition
- Applicants should avoid high heels
WHAT THE PANEL ASSESSES AT THE AUDITION
- A genuine interest in the craft of acting
- An openness and responsiveness to others
- Imagination and creativity
- Ability to take direction (to receive an instruction and adapt the performance accordingly)
AFTER THE AUDITION
The school will contact the applicant with a decision within 7 days of the audition. If the applicant has been successful, they will be given details regarding enrolment and payment options for the tuition fees.
If the applicant has been unsuccessful and they wish to re-audition, the applicant must wait a minimum of 3 months before re-applying.
AUDITION FEES & DATES
Audition fees for the school are £20 and spaces are limited. Auditions are held once a month, all year round.